Profilo dello studente
ISP has a curricular structure of 5 essential elements: the knowledge, concepts, skills, attitudes and action that students need to be equipped for a full life, both in the present and in the future.
IB student Profile:
- Thinkers: they use critical and creative thinking skills to analyze and take action in solving problems. They show iniziative in making reasoned and ethical decisions.
- Communicators: they express ideas and information confidently and creatively in more than one language and in a variety of modes of communication. They share their ideas respectfully.
- Principled: they act with integrity, honesty and a strong sense of fairness and justice for the dignity of all. They take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that accompany them.
- Open-minded: they understand and appreciate their own culture and personal histories as well as the traditions and values of others. They seek and evaluate a range of point of view.
- Caring : They show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. They have a personal commitment to service and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.
- Risk- Takers: They approach unfamiliar situations and uncertainty with courage and forethought and have the independence of spirit to explore new roles, ideas and strategies. They are brave and articulate in defending your beliefs.
- Balanced: They understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being.
- Reflective: they give thoughtful consideration to their own learning and experience; analyse strengths and limitations in order to support their learning and personal development.
- Inquirers: They have a natural curiosity and learn to acquire the skills necessary to conduct inquiry and research and show independence in learning.
- Knowledgeable: They explore concepts, ideas and issues that have local and global significance. They acquire in-depth knowledge in a broad range of disciplines.
At ISP the use of the english language is not a separate educational objective, but it is a means to prepare students for a global context where all language skills, formal and informal, are a prerequisite, constitute a cost of mind to help them understand and solve the problems of contemporary society.
According to these purposes, english, italian, a third language, digital and mass media languages, become a common denominator, the trait d’union, among the different disciplinary areas that the students face in their training process.
The use of the language becomes a learning tool in other teaching areas and in everyday life, facilitating its use during different times of the school day. Children are encouraged to use english language as much as possible to prepare them for the final exam. Their attempts to communicate and make them understood are valued in a good way.
Teachers support the learning process and encourage a correct use of the language, creating a stimulating environment and acting as an example themselves.
Students up to 14 years old follow lessons and a study programme mainly in english, integrated by lessons in italian language to allow each student to speak fluently in both languages in order to prepare them for the secondary school final exam.
Subsequently, all lessons are exclusively in english, except for the other foreign languages, taught by mother tongue teachers.